Are your kids pent up with energy AND bored with their toys, the TV and honestly just being stuck in the house?
Well we have the PERFECT substitute for you and your kids. Cooking with your child doesn’t have to be stressful. It can be easy, entertaining, and educational! These NO BAKE ENERGY GRANOLA BALLS are a healthy alternative to store bought granola bars. The best part… you can customize them for all types of picky eaters! So let’s roll up your sleeves and get to it!
NO BAKE ENERGY GRANOLA BALLS
1 cup dry oats
1 cup peanut butter (creamy OR crunchy…. whichever your heart desires!)
⅔ cup coconut flakes
½ cup ground flax seed
½ cup chocolate chips (we love dark chocolate for the antioxidants)
⅓ cup honey
1 Tablespoon chia seeds
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Mix all the ingredients together with a rubber spatula OR your hands if you don’t mind getting a little messy!
- Place the mixed ingredients in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes or until it is cool to the touch. By letting your mixture get cold it will make it easier for you to roll them into balls. During this “cool down” period you and your little one can start cleaning up your space and dishes!
- Take out an airtight storage container and place it to the side.
- Remove your granola balls from the fridge and roll the mixture into small 1 inch balls while placing them in the container. We suggest you put wax paper or plastic wrap in between layers so the balls don’t stick!
- Now…. stuff your face and enjoy! Whatever is left over from your yummy munch fest can be placed in the fridge for later!
Have a favorite recipe you make at home with your children? Comment and let us know what it is.